Thursday, June 26, 2014

Prairie Dog-It Every Now and Again

I am not a fan of flying. I prefer other modes of travel, like driving, walking or teleportation. Flying is a necessary evil. But the more and more I fly, the more accustom I become to all that comes with it (good and bad). Except turbulence. Turbulence freaks me out. Every time.

My regular airline for the past, ohhh forever has been Delta. But since I have moved to Seattle and am traveling to Baltimore's airport, I have found that direct Delta flights are difficult to come by. In fact, any direct flights from Seattle to Baltimore on any airline is difficult. So I decided to give United a shot. Both ways I have had to change planes in Chicago O'Hare's airport. I must say, I like O'Hare. It has a feel that I just liked. I can't put my finger on it so you will just have to take my word on that. Not at all like the feel that Atlanta's airport has always given me...the desire to shower the "ick" off.

Back to this flight. When I took off in Harrisburg (yeah I flew out of Harrisburg--you need to keep up in my head) it was a clear morning. Quite beautiful actually. But the skies turned cloudy in our approach to Chicago. Now...I prefer window seats. I like to be able to look out the window and see something. It helps prevent me from getting woozy. I've only ever gotten sick once on a plane--but I get woozy---that turbulence thing.

Where was I. Oh yes...looking out the window.

I'm looking out the window at this ocean of clouds, which is nothing that spectacular. Until I saw it. I didn't spot a UFO. Sorry, this is not that kind of post. I do crazy in other ways! Ha!

Anyways! I'm staring out the window at this ocean of clouds and jutting out the top of clouds like...Michael Jordan at a little person convention is the Willis (Sears) Tower in all 1,451 feet of its magnificent, modern marvelness! 



Not pictured are the antennas from the John Hancock Building peaking out of the clouds (out of this shot---they wouldn't show) too! As if it were trying to catch up with its bigger brother to break through the clouds.

There is a point to my story-telling. My point is this. Pop your head out from your laptop, cell phone, busy life every once in a while and look around. As one saying goes, "stop and smell the roses", and yet another says, "if you're so busy working, your entire life will pass you by and then where will you be?" Okay, that second one isn't a real quote. Unless you quote me. I'm sure someone has said something close to that somewhere.

Take a breath. That is all.






No comments:

Post a Comment